Donations to my blog
If you like my free YouTube video tutorials and free written patterns, you can donate any amount you like to help fund my creations and my work. Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it! At the end of every year, I am going to randomly draw one of my donor’s name for a special surprise (I am not responsible for lost or damaged mail). Also, people who donate to my blog, are entitled to ANY of my available 2 free paid written patterns for the year that they donate. To receive your free paid written patterns just contact me via my blog and let me know which paid written pattern (s) you would like to receive via email. I can never thank you enough for your support!
There are affiliate links below. To learn more about affiliate links, please read my “disclosures/disclaimer,” which can be found on my homepage.
General Material List for my Crochet Amigurumi Giraffe:
- You will need a 4.0mm crochet hook. You can see me using these crochet hooks in most of my YouTube video tutorials. If you would like to buy a set of these crochet hooks, here is a direct link: Amazon USA: Crochet Hook Set, 10 sizes Amazon UK: Crochet Hook Set Amazon Canada: Wow! This set looked like the best value for the money, and you get extra goodies with your crochet hooks 11 Sizes Crochet Hook Set,Ergonomic Grip Crochet Hooks Kit,With Crochet Hook Case Organizer,Comfort Grip Crochet NeedlesPlastic Sewing Yarn Needles,Stitch Markers,Row Counter & More!
- 1 Tapestry or Darning needle. I have provided links for some of my favorite Tapestry and Darning needles that I use: For a sharp darning needle set like mine: Amazon USA: 7-Piece Yarn Darners Hand Needles, Size 14/18For a blunt needle set: Large-eye Blunt Needles Steel Yarn Knitting Needles Sewing Needles, 9 Pieces (Silver) Amazon UK: 7-Piece Yarn Darners Hand Needles, Size 14/18 For a blunt needle set: Large-eye Blunt Needles Steel Yarn Knitting Needles Sewing Needles, 9 Pieces (Silver) Amazon Canada: You don’t need 15 pieces, but if you like having different sizes available, then this is the set for you 15 Pieces Blunt Needles Steel Large-eye Yarn Knitting Needles Sewing Needles, 3 Sizes and 7 Piece Yarn Darners Hand Needles, Size 14/18
- 1 pair of scissors. If you need new scissors, Amazon USA: 8″ Straight Titanium Bonded Scissors, Grey/Yellow, 2 Per Pack Amazon UK: 8″ Straight Titanium Bonded Scissors, Grey/Yellow, 2 Per Pack Amazon Canada: Ultra Smooth Titanium Bonded Straight Scissors 8″, 2 Count
- 1 pair of 20mm craft safety doll eyes. This set has multiple colors to choose from: These are my favorite safety doll eyes to use, and you have many multi-colored sizes to choose from 4.5mm up to 24mm, click here, or the picture:
Amazon UK: Safety Eyes 20mm Brown 10 Pr , or you can try these 3D eyes (I haven’t attempted to try these eyes, so I hope that you will let me know how your crochet giraffe turns out if you decide to try them. THEY LOOK STUNNING! They want too much for them on the Amazon USA site.) Pack of 5 Pairs – 3D Green Eyes with Plastic Backs – 20mm – Safety Eyes for Soft Toy or Teddy Bear MakingAmazon Canada: WOW! You are going to love the value for these mixed sizes, multi-colored safety eye pack that includes 20mm 100 Pieces 8-20mm Mixed Color Plastic Safety Eyes with Washers for Teddy Bear Making – 8mm
- 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver Gold colored yarn. (**Big Twist Yarn Value Gold colored also works well for this crochet pattern): Amazon USA: Bulk Buy: Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (3-Pack) Gold E300-321 Amazon UK: Bulk Buy: Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (3-Pack) Gold E300-321 Amazon Canada: It was hard to find a good “gold” colored yarn on Amazon Canada for a value price, here are links to show you what color gold I used, and you may like the choices, or try to find similar choices elsewhere: Coats: Yarn Red Heart E300.0321 Super Saver Economy Yarn, Gold or try Coats: Yarn Red Heart with Love E400.1207 Yarn, Cornsilk
- ***optional color for the male crochet giraffe that I used was: 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver Black colored yarn. Amazon USA: Yarn Red Heart Super Saver Black 7 oz – 198 grams – 364 yards Amazon UK: Bulk Buy: Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (3-Pack) Black E300-312 Amazon Canada: Coats: Yarn Red Heart Super Saver Yarn, Black
- ***optional color for the female crochet giraffe that I used was: 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver Glow Worm colored yarn: Amazon USA: Yarn Red Heart Super Saver 3620 Glow Worm 7 oz – 198 grams – 364 yards Amazon UK: If you want only 1 skein, Coats Yarn Red Heart Super Saver Yarn-Glow Worm, Other, Multicoloured Bulk: Bulk Buy: Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (3-Pack) Glow Worm E300-3620 Amazon Canada: Sorry, but the prices were so astronomical that I couldn’t recommend any of the “Glow Worm” colored yarn for the Amazon Canada site, but you can always choose another beautiful color for your female crochet giraffe scarf and bow. Check out this beautiful color: James Brett Top Value DK Double Knitting Wool 100% Acrylic Yarn 100g Ball (Lilac 8431) or, you may like James Brett Top Value DK Double Knitting Wool 100% Acrylic Yarn 100g Ball (Light Peach 848) by James Brett or, how about MINT GREEN James Brett Top Value DK Double Knitting Wool 100% Acrylic Yarn 100g Ball (Mint Green 8413)
- **optional color for the female crochet giraffe that I used was: 1 skein of Caron Simply Soft Sage colored yarn (If you are using my link, please make sure that you pick the “Sage” color: Amazon USA: Bulk Buy: Caron Simply Soft Yarn Solids (3-Pack) Sage H97003-9705 Amazon UK: 1 skein: Caron Simply Soft Sage Colored Yarn or Bulk Buy: Caron Simply Soft Yarn Solids (3-Pack) Sage H97003-9705 Amazon Canada: Caron Simply Soft Solids Yarn – (4) Medium Gauge 100% Acrylic – 6 oz – Sage – Machine Wash & Dry
- 1 skein of Vannas Choice Honey Colored Yarn. Amazon USA: Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn (130) Honey Amazon UK: Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice Yarn (130) Honey Amazon Canada: Vanna’s choice was too astronomically priced in Canada, so here are some recommendations for colors that you may like for your crochet Giraffes spots: I was able to try and match the honey color closely to this light brown from Ice yarns Lot of 8 Skeins ICE YARNS Baby Summer Light Brown or you may like, James Brett Top Value DK Double Knitting Wool 100% Acrylic Yarn 100g Ball (Dark Taupe 842) or you may like James Brett Top Value DK Double Knitting Wool 100% Acrylic Yarn 100g Ball (Rusty Brown 8410)
- ***optional color for the male crochet giraffe’s scarf that I used was: 1 skein of Red Heart Super Saver Cherry Red colored yarn: Amazon USA: Yarn Red Heart Super Saver Cherry Red 7 oz – 198 grams – 364 yards Amazon UK: Bulk Buy: Red Heart Super Saver Big Ball Yarn (3-Pack) Cherry Red E302B-319 Amazon Canada: Prima Marketing E267-912 Heart Classic Yarn, Cherry Red
- 1 skein of Red Heart Metallic White Yarn: Amazon USA: Coats & Clark E400BM.8010 Red Heart with Love Metallic, White Amazon UK: I couldn’t find the link for Red Heart with love metallic white yarn, but I found an equivalent yarn on the UK link that looks really good for the price Cygnet Chunky Gems 220 – Diamond (Wool) Amazon Canada: Coats & Clark E400BM.8010 Red Heart with Love Metallic, White
- ***optional: I used craft wire in my giraffes to help stabilize their heads and make their necks malleable. In video tutorial I used a coated malleable copper wire from the hardware store, but you could use a 12 gauge Aluminum Floral Wire as well. You can get this cheaper at Joann craft store. Walmart also has a section for craft wire, but I am not sure if they also have it in their artificial plant section too. If you would like to see what it looks like, or purchase it for convenience here is the direct link: Amazon USA: WIRED ACCENTS Mzca-20 Floral Aluminum Wire Gold 12 Gauge X 5 Yards Amazon UK: WIRED ACCENTS Floral Aluminum Wire Gold 12 Gauge X 5 Yards Amazon Canada: This looked like the exact equivalent to the craft wire that I used Artistic Wire, Aluminum Craft Wire 12 Gauge Thick, 12 Meter Spool, Natural Aluminum
If you want to order a super value pack of multiple sized sew-on googly eyes, click here!!
You will need to use a very slender tapestry needle with a large eye. Don’t forget your yarn threader for the googly eyes, click here.
Part 1 of 2 Video Tutorial:
Part 2 of 2 Video Tutorial: