Check out all of my YouTube video tutorials on: Helenmay Crochet YouTube Channel.
I was contacted by Kathy Dennis who requested a PDF written pattern for my Crochet Dalmatian Dog and Puppy Dog, which I first made in the year 2015!!! I was very happy to take on the task, especially since I haven’t made them since the originals were made so long ago! So now, there is a Free step-by-step YouTube video tutorial on Helenmay Crochet YouTube Channel and a PDF written pattern for both the large crochet Dalmatian Dog and the Dalmatian Puppy Dog! Thank you very much Kathy!
When I made the YouTube video tutorials for both the large Dalmatian Dogs and the Dalmatian Puppy Dogs, I used Effervesce yarn. If you have never heard of Effervesce yarn, it is because it is, unfortunately, no longer available. For the written pattern, I used different yarn styles to show that you can still make the crochet Dalmatian dogs using the same YouTube video tutorials that I created in the year 2015. I will put the yarn styles on this blog post for you. In the YouTube video tutorial for the large crochet Dalmatian Dogs, I seemed to skip around a lot in the part 2 of 2 video tutorial. So, I decided to make a free PDF downloadable cheat sheet that will show the times that I made the different parts for the large dog. Here is the free downloadable cheat sheet:
Crochet Firehouse Cheat Sheet Large Dalmatian Dog PDF
Keep scrolling down for all of the YouTube video tutorials.
The Effervesce yarn equivalent that I used is from Hobby Lobby. Here is the information about the yarn that I used:
For the large Dalmatian Dogs.
- 3 skeins Yarn Bee Tender Touch “Snow” colored yarn, 100% acrylic yarn, bulky 5, 135 yards, 3oz. for the main color. I used this style of yarn for the male dog.
- Alternate yarn choice for the main color: 1 skein Crafters Secret Big Idea, 16 oz, 810 yards, medium 4, 100% acrylic yarn. I used the “Off White” colored yarn. I used this style of yarn for the female dog (You will have a lot of yarn leftover).
Here is the direct Ravelry link for the PDF written pattern:
Crochet Amigurumi Firehouse Large Dalmatian Dog PDF Written Pattern
For the Dalmatian Puppy Dogs.
- 2 skeins Yarn Bee Tender Touch “Snow” colored yarn, 100% acrylic yarn, bulky 5, 135 yards, 3oz. for the main color. You will have a lot of the 2nd skein of yarn leftover. So, if you wanted to make 2 puppies, you would only need 3 skeins of yarn.
- Alternate yarn choice for the main color: 1 skein of “I Love This Yarn” Metallic White-colored yarn, 97% acrylic/3% Metallic polyester, Medium 4 yarn, 252 yards, 5oz.
- 1 skein Caron Simply Soft Party “Black Sparkle” colored yarn for the nose, spot behind the eye, outer ears, and the mouth. Alternate yarn choice: You could also use the same colored black yarn as in the video tutorial.
Caron Simply Soft Party Sparkle colored yarn is a lot of fun to crochet with, and adds a lot to your finished crochet work!! Click, here, or the picture below to go directly to the affiliate link! Prime eligible in many colors to choose from!
Click on the picture above, or here, to go directly to the Ravelry link for the PDF written puppy dog pattern.
I added charms to the collars, you may like the following charms for your completed crochet dogs/puppies! Click here, or the picture below to go directly to the affiliate Prime eligible link:
Here are the Helenmay Crochet YouTube video tutorials for the Crochet Large Firehouse Dalmatian Dog:
Part 1 of 2 YouTube video tutorial:
Part 2 of 2 YouTube video tutorial:
Crochet Firehouse Dalmatian Puppy Dog YouTube video tutorials:
Crochet Easy Beginner Dalmatian Amigurumi Puppy Dogs:
Crochet Dalmatian Dog Firehouse Accessories: Hats and Collars.
Enjoy!!! Happy Crocheting everyone!!
Here is the direct blog link for all of my Crochet PDF Written Patterns that are available now: Complete list of available Helenmay Crochet PDF written patterns
1 thought on “Crochet Amigurumi Dalmatian Dog and Puppy Dog”