I have so many awesome crochet requests that I needed a way to focus my efforts. I now have Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members.
You can also find the direct link to “Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members” at the top of my blog’s HOME page. Special donor members receive special benefits, and one of those special benefits is making crochet requests to me. I am creating this blog post because I already have a couple of member crochet requests, and this page will help the members see where I am in my crochet projects, and how close I am to starting their request. Please be aware that my plans could change, and the crochet order may be altered. Nothing is set in stone.
1. A Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member, Julie M., requested a crochet dog. I have already started looking at various images online trying to see what is already out there and trying to formulate how I would like this particular crochet dog to look like. I have decided to make this crochet dog a small to medium size. I will begin making the video tutorial and PDF written pattern after I finish the beautiful crochet table cover. Starting now 22Dec18. I actually made a large Crochet Great Dane Dog that has both a video tutorial and a PDF written pattern. The small to medium-sized crochet Great Dane Dog is pending. I am only able to work on it when I get recording time. Last updated 16Feb19.
Update! I was contacted by email by Erica and she said:
Thank you so much for your participation and incredibly generous donations in the past. We have another event on the horizon, our Doggie Gras 5K and Costume Parade! We’d love to feature another piece of your work in our opportunity drawing baskets. Please let me know if you’d like to participate and I can send you some more details.
What perfect timing! I am already working on a crochet dog for Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member Julie, and now I know where the finished crochet dog will go when completed! Awesome! If you would like to learn more about the Doggie Gras 5K click on the picture below, or here, to go directly to the link:
“All donations, proceeds and registration fees from the event go directly to Helen Woodward Animal Center’s adoptable pets and programs. Did you know the Doggie Gras 5K & Parade is the only MAJOR peer-to-peer FUNdraiser for the Center? Get involved by registering for this Mardi Gras dog parade and 5K, and share your personal fundraising page. Join your four-legged friends in raising money to save the lives of orphan pets.”
“Scooby Doo” the large crochet Great Dane Dog was donated, along with a $25 petco card, Scooby Doo Forever stamps, and a 4Ocean bracelet.
2. Tunisian Crochet Wizard of Oz Afghan Free Crochet-along (CAL) starting 12Dec18. I am making the afghan for next years San Diego county fair, and the completed afghan will go to my family member when finished. I have already designed one of the 4 block graphs, which will include the scarecrow. I will create a video tutorial for the scarecrow, and I will show how I crocheted the pieces together to form one large block. As soon as I finish the video tutorials for YouTube, I will start the Free CAL. I will provide all subsequent graphs for free as I complete them, but they all won’t have video tutorials. The other graphs will be made the same way as my initial scarecrow block. So, you will not need video tutorials for all of the graphs. If you haven’t already subscribed to my blog, it is free to subscribe, and you will receive email notifications whenever I make a new blog post. Scroll down to the bottom of any blog post, and you will see the subscribe via email link. If you would like to see my other completed Tunisian Crochet Afghans, go to blog posts: Guardians of the Galaxy and Minecraft. This is an ongoing project. Last updated 16Feb19
3. Crochet amigurumi Gorilla dedicated to the 180 park rangers that lost their lives trying to protect them in Virunga. See the true story on Netflix Virunga. I haven’t started this crochet project yet. The crochet prototype and rough draft are already complete. It just needs to be put to YouTube video tutorial. The Helenmay crochet amigurumi gorilla was originally requested by a family member. You can also donate to WWF by purchasing a Gorilla plush animal on their site.
4. Helenmay Crochet Special Member Jodie R. made a Christmas Hot Pad request. I informed her that more than likely I won’t be able to complete this crochet request for this Christmas, but it will be complete before next year’s Christmas. I will NOT reveal what the request was for until it is complete. Not yet started.
5. Handmade Crochet hook holder and sewing kit set. Not yet started. I decided to try and get to this one in 2019. If you would like to see some fun inspiring ideas, here is the direct link: Crochet hook holder fun ideas
6. Not started yet. Written PDF crochet pattern requests:
- TnDancer Special Donor Member request: Written pattern for my Border Collie Dog.
- non-member request: Written pattern for my Crochet Cheetah and Bengal Tigers.
7. My nieces and nephews requested that I make a Crochet Pug dog for Dan TDM. I am working on this crochet project right now. I have attempted to contact Dan TDM via email and Facebook, but it appears that he may get tons of messages. I am sure that mine gets lost in the fan mail. I promised my nieces and nephews to make the crochet pug dog for Dan TDM so I will. I decided to re-write my crochet pug pattern too and throw a little crochet puppy pug dog in as a surprise. 🙂 Last updated 16Feb19.
8. Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member Crochet Requests:
- Request made by Debbie Anderson for a crochet Corgi Dog. Not yet started. Request made 2Feb19.
- Request made by Brenda Butler for a large crochet Jack Russell Terrier Dog. Not yet started. Request made 6Feb19.
9. I received the crochet magazine from JTHouse Crochet School, Issue 01, March 2018. I made a YouTube review for the magazine. Completed 8Feb19. Here is the direct link to check it out: JT House Online Crochet School Magazine Review
10. Backburner idea. Not started, but would love to one day:
Ruthie posted the above picture in the Yarn Wars Crochet Group, and I thought it was a wonderful idea for inspiration. Sorry, but I don’t have the crochet pattern. I am only posting this for inspiration. I was just telling my hubby the other day how much I love “antiquing.” This may be my made up word..lol…Anyway, antiquing is when you wander the aisles of antique shops for deals on treasures. I especially love vintage antique treasures. The picture is combining vintage antique treasure finds, Victorian style, and crochet to make a travel doll house!! What a wonderful heirloom gift right?!? I don’t know when I would be able to start this fun crochet idea, but I wanted to share with all of you in case you are interested in this fun idea!! If you do make one, please share pictures with me. I would love to see it!!!
Well, that is it for now. I think that is enough to keep anyone busy..lol..
Last updated 16Feb19