I have so many awesome crochet requests that I needed a way to focus my efforts. I now have Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members.
You can also find the direct link to “Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members” at the top of my blog’s HOME page. Special donor members receive special benefits, and one of those special benefits is making crochet requests to me. I am creating this blog post because I already have a couple of member crochet requests, and this page will help the members see where I am in my crochet projects, and how close I am to starting their request. Please be aware that my plans could change, and the crochet order may be altered. Nothing is set in stone.
1. FINISHED… A Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member, Julie M., requested a crochet dog. I have already started looking at various images online trying to see what is already out there and trying to formulate how I would like this particular crochet dog to look like. I have decided to make this crochet dog a small to medium size. I will begin making the video tutorial and PDF written pattern after I finish the beautiful crochet table cover. Starting now 22Dec18. I actually made a large Crochet Great Dane Dog that has both a video tutorial and a PDF written pattern. The small to medium-sized crochet Great Dane Dog is also finished. 3Mar19. I did not write the PDF written pattern for the smaller Great Dane.
Update! I was contacted by email by Erica and she said:
Thank you so much for your participation and incredibly generous donations in the past. We have another event on the horizon, our Doggie Gras 5K and Costume Parade! We’d love to feature another piece of your work in our opportunity drawing baskets. Please let me know if you’d like to participate and I can send you some more details.
What perfect timing! I am already working on a crochet dog for Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member Julie, and now I know where the finished crochet dog will go when completed! Awesome! If you would like to learn more about the Doggie Gras 5K click on the picture below, or here, to go directly to the link:
“All donations, proceeds and registration fees from the event go directly to Helen Woodward Animal Center’s adoptable pets and programs. Did you know the Doggie Gras 5K & Parade is the only MAJOR peer-to-peer FUNdraiser for the Center? Get involved by registering for this Mardi Gras dog parade and 5K, and share your personal fundraising page. Join your four-legged friends in raising money to save the lives of orphan pets.”
“Scooby Doo” the large crochet Great Dane Dog was donated, along with a $25 petco card, Scooby Doo Forever stamps, and a 4Ocean bracelet.
2. FINISHED… Tunisian Crochet Wizard of Oz Afghan Free Crochet-along (CAL) starting 12Dec18. I am making the afghan for next years San Diego county fair, and the completed afghan will go to my family member when finished. I have already designed one of the 4 block graphs, which will include the scarecrow. I will create a video tutorial for the scarecrow, and I will show how I crocheted the pieces together to form one large block. As soon as I finish the video tutorials for YouTube, I will start the Free CAL. I will provide all subsequent graphs for free as I complete them, but they all won’t have video tutorials. The other graphs will be made the same way as my initial scarecrow block. So, you will not need video tutorials for all of the graphs. If you haven’t already subscribed to my blog, it is free to subscribe, and you will receive email notifications whenever I make a new blog post. Scroll down to the bottom of any blog post, and you will see the subscribe via email link. If you would like to see my other completed Tunisian Crochet Afghans, go to blog posts: Guardians of the Galaxy and Minecraft. This CAL is finished. The free PDF graphs are still available for download. Finished March 2019.
3. Crochet amigurumi Gorilla dedicated to the 180 park rangers that lost their lives trying to protect them in Virunga. See the true story on Netflix Virunga. I haven’t started this crochet project yet. The crochet prototype and rough draft are already complete. It just needs to be put to YouTube video tutorial. The Helenmay crochet amigurumi gorilla was originally requested by a family member. You can also donate to WWF by purchasing a Gorilla plush animal on their site. Not started yet.
4. FINISHED 1APR19: Helenmay Crochet Special Member Jodie R. made a Christmas Hot Pad request. I informed her that more than likely I won’t be able to complete this crochet request for Christmas (2018), but it will be complete before Christmas 2019. I saw another crochet blogger post about the Netherlands “Longest Line of Birds,” and I remembered this crochet project request. So, I decided to use the same bird that Jodie R. requested for her Christmas Hot Pad request. I have already finished the Crochet Christmas Cardinal amigurumi that was sent to the Netherlands on 18Mar19. Now, I am beginning work on her Tunisian Crochet Christmas Cardinal Hot Pad request. Start date for the hot pad is 18Mar19. Finished 1Apr19.
5. Handmade Crochet hook holder and sewing kit set. Not yet started. I decided to try and get to this one in 2019. If you would like to see some fun inspiring ideas, here is the direct link: Crochet hook holder fun ideas
6. Written PDF crochet pattern requests:
- FINISHED…. TnDancer Special Donor Member request: Written pattern for my Border Collie Dog. CGL Crochet Loft asked if I would do a Birthday PDF written pattern giveaway for April 2019. So, since a Special Donor Member made a request for my Crochet Border Collie, I made this my Birthday PDF written pattern giveaway too for April 2019. 🙂 Completed 9Mar19. This is a Paid PDF written pattern that can be found on Ravelry: Crochet PDF Amigurumi Border Collie Written Pattern
- FINISHED…non-member French speaking viewer requested a written pattern for my Crochet Hound Dog pattern. Started 18Mar19. Finished 9Apr19. This is a Paid PDF written pattern that can be found on Ravelry: Crochet PDF Hound Dog Written Pattern
- non-member request: Written pattern for my Crochet Cheetah and Bengal Tigers. Not yet started. I am completing member requests first.
7. My nieces and nephews requested that I make a Crochet Pug dog for Dan TDM. I am working on this crochet project right now. I have attempted to contact Dan TDM via email and Facebook, but it appears that he may get tons of messages. I am sure that mine gets lost in the fan mail. I promised my nieces and nephews to make the crochet pug dog for Dan TDM so I will. I decided to re-write my crochet pug pattern too and throw a little crochet puppy pug dog in as a surprise. 🙂 I think that Dan TDM is too busy with his millions of subscribers because it is difficult to get in touch with him. Since he hasn’t responded, I have put my crochet puppy pug dog on the back burner for now. I will get back to him after I finish up on a few other crochet projects. Last updated 18Mar19.
8. Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member Crochet Requests. Please understand that it takes time to complete the crochet requests. Some of the requests may move to the year 2020 if I can’t complete them all in the year 2019. If your member crochet request is not completed in the year 2019, and I have to move your request to the year 2020 and the member will automatically become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member for the year 2020. The maximum number of Member crochet requests accepted for the year 2019 will be 10. If you make a $20 or higher monetary donation to my blog, I will move your member crochet request higher on the crochet member request waiting list:
- FINISHED…. Tammy Y. is currently working on her Crochet Minecraft Afghan and asked if I could graph Snow Golem for her and a name to go on her Afghan. Started 3Mar19. Finished 5Mar19.
- Request made by Debbie Anderson for a crochet Corgi Dog. Not yet started. Request made 2Feb19.
- Request made by Brenda Butler for a large crochet Jack Russell Terrier Dog. Not yet started. Request made 6Feb19.
- Request made by Julie Garcia for a crochet donkey amigurumi. Not yet started. Request made 18Mar19.
- Request made by Judy M. Crissman for Crochet Vintage Travel Doll House on 29Mar19.
- Non-Member request made by Virginia Prince on 18Mar19 to re-make my very first YouTube video tutorial for my Hot Pad Vintage Potholder Dress.
9. FINISHED… I received the crochet magazine from JTHouse Crochet School, Issue 01, March 2018. I made a YouTube review for the magazine. Completed 8Feb19. Here is the direct link to check it out: JT House Online Crochet School Magazine Review
10. Backburner idea. Not started, but would love to one day: Judy M. Crissman made this her Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member request on 29Mar19. This is fourth on the member waiting list.
Ruthie posted the above picture in the Yarn Wars Crochet Group, and I thought it was a wonderful idea for inspiration. Sorry, but I don’t have the crochet pattern. I am only posting this for inspiration. I was just telling my hubby the other day how much I love “antiquing.” This may be my made up word..lol…Anyway, antiquing is when you wander the aisles of antique shops for deals on treasures. I especially love vintage antique treasures. The picture is combining vintage antique treasure finds, Victorian style, and crochet to make a travel doll house!! What a wonderful heirloom gift right?!? I don’t know when I would be able to start this fun crochet idea, but I wanted to share with all of you in case you are interested in this fun idea!! If you do make one, please share pictures with me. I would love to see it!!!
11. Finished. I was contacted by Fox Yarn via email, and Erica asked me if I could design a crochet pattern for their yarn. She sent me the Satin Tan colored yarn, which I had a lot of fun with!! I am working on the YouTube video tutorial and written pattern now. Started early April2019. Today is 9Apr19, and I should have it finished any day now. I think that you will really love what I did with their yarn. Finished on 12Apr19. Here is the direct link to the finished “Foxy Lady Designer Crochet Purse.”
Well, that is it for now. I think that is enough to keep anyone busy..lol..
Last updated 15APR19