This blog post is now closed. Please go to Helenmay Crochet What Are You Making Next for the year 2020?!?!?!?
I have so many awesome crochet requests that I needed a way to focus my efforts. I now have Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members.
You can also find the direct link to “Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members” at the top of my blog’s HOME page. Special donor members receive special benefits, and one of those special benefits is making crochet requests to me. I am creating this blog post because I already have a couple of member crochet requests, and this page will help the members see where I am in my crochet projects, and how close I am to starting their request. Please be aware that my plans could change, and the crochet order may be altered. Nothing is set in stone.
1. FINISHED… A Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member, Julie M., requested a crochet dog. I have already started looking at various images online trying to see what is already out there and trying to formulate how I would like this particular crochet dog to look like. I have decided to make this crochet dog a small to medium size. I will begin making the video tutorial and PDF written pattern after I finish the beautiful crochet table cover. Starting now 22Dec18. I actually made a large Crochet Great Dane Dog that has both a video tutorial and a PDF written pattern. The small to medium-sized crochet Great Dane Dog is also finished. 3Mar19. I did not write the PDF written pattern for the smaller Great Dane.
Update! I was contacted by email by Erica and she said:
Thank you so much for your participation and incredibly generous donations in the past. We have another event on the horizon, our Doggie Gras 5K and Costume Parade! We’d love to feature another piece of your work in our opportunity drawing baskets. Please let me know if you’d like to participate and I can send you some more details.
What perfect timing! I am already working on a crochet dog for Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member Julie, and now I know where the finished crochet dog will go when completed! Awesome! If you would like to learn more about the Doggie Gras 5K click on the picture below, or here, to go directly to the link:
“All donations, proceeds and registration fees from the event go directly to Helen Woodward Animal Center’s adoptable pets and programs. Did you know the Doggie Gras 5K & Parade is the only MAJOR peer-to-peer FUNdraiser for the Center? Get involved by registering for this Mardi Gras dog parade and 5K, and share your personal fundraising page. Join your four-legged friends in raising money to save the lives of orphan pets.”
“Scooby Doo” the large crochet Great Dane Dog was donated, along with a $25 Petco card, Scooby Doo Forever stamps, and a 4Ocean bracelet.
2. FINISHED… Tunisian Crochet Wizard of Oz Afghan Free Crochet-along (CAL) starting 12Dec18. I am making the afghan for next years San Diego county fair, and the completed afghan will go to my family member when finished. I have already designed one of the 4 block graphs, which will include the scarecrow. I will create a video tutorial for the scarecrow, and I will show how I crocheted the pieces together to form one large block. As soon as I finish the video tutorials for YouTube, I will start the Free CAL. I will provide all subsequent graphs for free as I complete them, but they all won’t have video tutorials. The other graphs will be made the same way as my initial scarecrow block. So, you will not need video tutorials for all of the graphs. If you haven’t already subscribed to my blog, it is free to subscribe, and you will receive email notifications whenever I make a new blog post. Scroll down to the bottom of any blog post, and you will see the subscribe via email link. If you would like to see my other completed Tunisian Crochet Afghans, go to blog posts: Guardians of the Galaxy and Minecraft. This CAL is finished. The free PDF graphs are still available for download. Finished March 2019. I submitted my Tunisian Crochet Wizard of Oz Afghan to the San Diego fair, if you would like to see how it did click here, or the picture below to go directly to the short YouTube video.
3. Finished. Starting 17Sept19: Crochet amigurumi Gorilla dedicated to the 180 park rangers that lost their lives trying to protect them in Virunga. See the true story on Netflix Virunga. I haven’t started this crochet project yet. The crochet prototype and rough draft are already complete. It just needs to be put to YouTube video tutorial. The Helenmay crochet amigurumi gorilla was originally requested by a family member. You can also donate to WWF by purchasing a Gorilla plush animal on their site. Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member Nicole Dickel was looking for a large monkey. Thank you Nicole Dickel for this fun crochet amigurumi gorilla request!!!
Click on the picture above, or here, to go directly to the blog link for the gorillas!! Finished 28Sept19. The PDF written pattern is now complete and available on Ravelry: Crochet PDF Gorilla and Banana Written Pattern
4. FINISHED 1APR19: Helenmay Crochet Special Member Jodie R. made a Christmas Hot Pad request. I informed her that more than likely I won’t be able to complete this crochet request for Christmas (2018), but it will be complete before Christmas 2019. I saw another crochet blogger post about the Netherlands “Longest Line of Birds,” and I remembered this crochet project request. So, I decided to use the same bird that Jodie R. requested for her Christmas Hot Pad request. I have already finished the Crochet Christmas Cardinal amigurumi that was sent to the Netherlands on 18Mar19. Now, I am beginning work on her Tunisian Crochet Christmas Cardinal Hot Pad request. Start date for the hot pad is 18Mar19. Finished 1Apr19.
I have a Crochet Christmas Amigurumi Cardinal Bird CAL going on right now, here is the direct blog link: Crochet Amigurumi Christmas Cardinal Bird CAL. I finished the CAL 9JUN19.
5. Handmade Crochet hook holder and sewing kit set. Not yet started. I decided to try and get to this one in 2019, but it may not happen until 2020. If you would like to see some fun inspiring ideas, here is the direct link: Crochet hook holder fun ideas
6. Monetary donations that were made for a PDF written pattern request for one of my YouTube video tutorials that don’t have one during the year 2019:
- FINISHED. Kathy Dennis just donated to my blog and requested a Crochet PDF written pattern for my Crochet Dalmation Dog and my Crochet Dalmation Puppy Dog!!! Started 5Dec19. Finished 18Dec19.
The Crochet Firehouse Dalmation Puppy Dog PDF written pattern is finished 10Dec19.
Click on the picture above, or here, to go directly to the Ravelry link.
The large Crochet Dalmation Dogs PDF written pattern finished on 18Dec19. Here is the direct Ravelry Link: Crochet Large Dalmation Firehouse Dog PDF written pattern
- Finished. Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member CrochetLoverTX requested a written pattern for my “Crochet Rainbow Ripple Dreams Baby Dress.” Request made 12Aug19. I had so much fun crocheting the dress and writing the pattern that I decided to go ahead and write the PDF pattern for the whole baby set!!! Finished 16Sept19. Here is the direct Ravelry link: Crochet Rainbow Ripple Dreams Baby Set: Baby Blanket, Dress, Baby Booties, and Bonnet.
- Finished CrochetLoverTX loves making the crochet potholder dresses and wanted to know if I would write the pattern for my crochet potholder dress with the flared bottom. 2Aug19 completed. Here is the direct Ravelry link: Crochet Potholder Dress with Flared Bottom. Here is the direct link to the video tutorial: Helenmay Crochet Vintage Ripple Potholder Dress with Flared Bottom
- Finished in time for Mother’s Day 12May19. Through a Ravelry Message, Crochet Lover TX said:”Helen, I’m sorry to bother you, I purchased your Fiesta Ripple Potholder or Tawashi Dress on 4/30/2019 cause I thought I had lost the pattern I had. My question is on your pattern called: HelenMay Crochet – How to turn your Crochet Ripple Dress into a towel topper DIY tutorial-How can I make the Fiesta Ripple Potholder into the Wine Dress with the Fiesta Ripple Potholder Pattern? With What Hook Size? I really wanted to make it into a Dish Detergent Dress. Thanks, CrochetLoverTX”
I replied: “Hello CrochetLoverTX, The crochet wine dress is a different pattern. I don’t have the crochet wine dress written pattern at this time. Since you purchased my Crochet Fiesta Ripple Potholder Dress, I will write the pattern for my Crochet Wine Dress for you. You can use the Crochet Fiesta Ripple Potholder Dress as a dish soap cover too, but it is a different design. When I am finished writing the Crochet Wine Dress pattern out, I will email it to you for free. It will take me some time because I have several projects going on right now, but I hope to finish it for you within 2-3 weeks. Thank you for supporting my crochet work! Happy Crocheting!! Helenmay Crochet” Started writing pattern on 7May19. Finished on 14May19. Here is the direct Ravelry link to the Paid written pattern: Crochet Vintage Wine Dress and Towel Topper
- FINISHED…. TnDancer Special Donor Member request: Written pattern for my Border Collie Dog. CGL Crochet Loft asked if I would do a Birthday PDF written pattern giveaway for April 2019. So, since a Special Donor Member made a request for my Crochet Border Collie, I made this my Birthday PDF written pattern giveaway too for April 2019. 🙂 Completed 9Mar19. This is a Paid PDF written pattern that can be found on Ravelry: Crochet PDF Amigurumi Border Collie Written Pattern
- FINISHED…non-member French speaking viewer requested a written pattern for my Crochet Hound Dog pattern. Started 18Mar19. Finished 9Apr19. This is a Paid PDF written pattern that can be found on Ravelry: Crochet PDF Hound Dog Written Pattern
7. FINISHED…1JUN19. My nieces and nephews requested that I make a Crochet Pug dog for Dan TDM. I am working on this crochet project right now. I have attempted to contact Dan TDM via email and Facebook, but it appears that he may get tons of messages. I am sure that mine gets lost in the fan mail. I promised my nieces and nephews to make the crochet pug dog for Dan TDM so I will. I decided to re-write my crochet pug pattern too and throw a little crochet puppy pug dog in as a surprise. 🙂 I think that Dan TDM is too busy with his millions of subscribers because it is difficult to get in touch with him. My nieces and nephews requested that I send them the finished crochet pug dogs. If you would like to purchase the Crochet Pug Dog and Puppy Dog Special Edition PDF written pattern, here is the direct Etsy Link: Special Edition Pug and Puppy Dog written pattern!
8. Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member Crochet Requests. Please understand that it takes time to complete the crochet requests. Some of the requests may move to the year 2020 if I can’t complete them all in the year 2019. I may make other crochet items in between my crochet member requests, but I will always post when I have started a member request. If your member crochet request is not completed in the year 2019, and I have to move your request to the year 2020 then the member will automatically become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member for the year 2020. All of the Special Donor Member Crochet Requests have been reached for the year 2019. I am not accepting any more Crochet requests for the year 2019.
1. FINISHED…. Tammy Y. is currently working on her Crochet Minecraft Afghan and asked if I could graph Snow Golem for her and a name to go on her Afghan. Started 3Mar19. Finished 5Mar19. The Tunisian Minecraft afghan video tutorials are no longer available. If you would like to have the free downloadable PDF graphs to make your own Tunisian Minecraft afghan, they have moved (or are in the process of being moved) to my non-monetized Private Facebook Group Files (It is free to join). Here is the direct link: Helenmay Crochet Private Facebook Group
2. Finished. Request made by Debbie Anderson for a crochet Corgi Dog. Request made 2Feb19. All of the step-by-step YouTube video tutorials have been completed for my Crochet Amigurumi Corgi Dog. Here is the direct blog link: Helenmay Crochet Amigurumi Corgi Dog. I am finished with the PDF written pattern for the Crochet Corgi Dog. Here is the direct Ravelry link: Helenmay Crochet Amigurumi Corgi Dog PDF Written Pattern. Here is the direct Ravelry link for the Corgi Puppy Dog written pattern: Helenmay Crochet Amigurumi Corgi Puppy Dog PDF written pattern. Finished 17Jun19.
3. Finished. Request made by Brenda Butler for a large crochet Jack Russell Terrier Dog. Request made 6Feb19. Started 17Jun19. The YouTube video tutorials are all complete 1Jul19. The PDF written pattern is now complete on 3Jul19. Here is the direct Ravelry link: Helenmay Crochet Amigurumi Jack Russell Terrier Dog PDF Written Pattern
4. Finished. Request made by Julie Garcia for a crochet donkey amigurumi. Request made 18Mar19. Starting 4Jul19. Finished the video tutorials on 26Jul19. Here is the direct link to the blog post: Helenmay Crochet Vintage Amigurumi Mexican Donkey with/without Accessories. If you would like to purchase the PDF written pattern on Ravelry, here is the direct link: Ravelry PDF Crochet Donkey Written Pattern.
5. Finished. Request made by Judy M. Crissman for Crochet Vintage Travel Doll House on 29Mar19. Started 2Aug19. Finished on 22Aug19. The Crochet PDF written pattern is pending. It will take me a while to finish the written pattern. I would not expect the written pattern to be completed any time soon. Last updated 22Aug19.
6. Finished 4Sept19. Monetary Donation was made by Susan Myers for a special custom crochet request to be moved to the top of the crochet waiting list. Susan requested a medium-sized Crochet Amigurumi Alpaca video tutorial and PDF written pattern! I will start this special monetary donation request tomorrow 22Aug19. I ended up making a small and a large crochet alpaca. I finished the small and large alpaca on 11Sept19. Here is the direct blog link: Crochet Small and Large Amigurumi Alpaca
Here is the direct Ravelry link for the PDF written pattern: Crochet Large Amigurumi Alpaca PDF Written Pattern
Here is the direct Ravelry link for the PDF written pattern: Crochet Small Amigurumi Alpaca PDF Written Pattern
7. Finished. Starting 17Sept19!! Request made for a large monkey by Nicole Dickel. I have moved up my Crochet Virunga Gorilla on my member crochet request waiting list; Crochet amigurumi Gorilla dedicated to the 180 park rangers that lost their lives trying to protect them in Virunga. Request made 18May19.
“Western lowland gorillas inhabit the vast tropical and subtropical forests of Central Africa. Gorillas are herbivorous, feeding on fruit, shoots, bulbs, leaves and occasionally tree bark. They live in family groups that are led by one dominant male, called the silverback because of the silver hair that runs down his back. With threats such as poaching, habitat loss and disease, WWF is supporting protected areas and other conservation programs across the lowland gorilla’s range to ensure that no population is neglected.” If you would like to help WWF by adopting a gorilla, here is the direct non-affiliate link: WWF Adopt a Gorilla. You can also spread awareness.
I have finished the Crochet Amigurumi Gorillas with Banana YouTube video tutorials.
Click on the picture above, or here, to go directly to the gorilla blog post.
8. Finished 05Nov19. Request made by Leslie Passman for a Crochet Pomeranian Dog. Request made 3Jun19. Started 12Oct19. Here is the direct Ravelry link for the PDF Written Pattern: Crochet Amigurumi Pomeranian Dog PDF Written Pattern
If you would like to make a crochet Pomeranian Dog, here is the direct link to the blog post: Crochet Pomeranian Dog
9. Finished 6Dec19. Request made by Mystic Missi for a Crochet Apron. Request made 2Jul19. Plan start date was early November 2019. If you would like to make this Beautiful DIY Kitchen Apron with optional Crochet Clam Shell Border, click here, or the picture below to go directly to the blog link:
10. Request made by TnDancer for a Crochet French Bulldog. Request made 9Jul19. I will start this crochet request in the year 2020. TnDancer will automatically become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member for the year 2020.
11. Request made by Caroline Struve for a Shih Tzu crochet dog. Request made 9Jul19. I will start this crochet request in the year 2020. Caroline Struve will automatically become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member for the year 2020.
Bonus Addition for the year 2019:
I was contacted by Denny Campbell on Facebook, and she said: “Good afternoon Helen, I hope that you are ok. I just wanted to ask if you have a pattern for a koala, or if the hound dog pattern you have could be altered to make a koala? It is just that with the fires around where I live, it would be nice to make some koalas to donate to the fire stations to raffle them off if I make them.”
I have decided to start making a crochet amigurumi Koala design in the year 2019, but it will not be complete until the year 2020. I am starting 19Dec19. Thank you for the crochet request Denny!!
Crochet requests moved to the year 2020:
Susie Lafferty has shared a lot of crochet pictures since the beginning of the year 2019. She just contacted me via Facebook on 10Aug19 and said: “Helen I know you have a lot on your plate but can you make an elephant some time?” So, I decided to add her member crochet request to my waiting list. Update! Susie Lafferty contacted me via Facebook on 15Oct19 and said: “I know I ask you to make an elephant but can I change my mind and ask you to make a Crochet Raggedy Ann and Andy. I found the trademark/copyright crochet pattern for Raggedy Ann and Andy and it is adorable!! Here is the direct link to find the crochet pattern: Crochet Raggedy Ann and Andy Written Pattern kits. I won’t be designing a Crochet Raggedy Ann and Andy. I will stick to the crochet elephant request. Thank you Susie! This should be a lot of fun designing!!! Request made 15Oct19. This crochet request has been moved to the year 2020. Susie Lafferty will automatically become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member for the year 2020.
Another Addition for the year 2020:
A family member wrote to me and said: “Hi Helen happy holidays I was wondering if you knew how to make a panda if so do you think you can make one for Ava I would love to give it to her before she graduates in May from high school??” Crochet Amigurumi Panda will be making the list. 🙂
9. FINISHED… I received the crochet magazine from JTHouse Crochet School, Issue 01, March 2018. I made a YouTube review for the magazine. Completed 8Feb19. Here is the direct link to check it out: JT House Online Crochet School Magazine Review
I loved JTHouse’s Crochet School patterns so much that I am currently “slowly” working on the “Secrets of Top Elina” myself, and I have offered one of the JTHouse crochet courses as a top prize option for my Crochet Outstanding Amigurumi Contest for the year 2019.
I occasionally will post a picture of my ongoing “Secrets of Top Elina” crochet work on my Facebook page. If you would like to join my Facebook Group, here is the direct link:
10. Finished. Judy M. Crissman made this her Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member request on 29Mar19. This is fifth on the member waiting list.
Ruthie posted the above picture in the Yarn Wars Crochet Group, and I thought it was a wonderful idea for inspiration. Sorry, but I don’t have the crochet pattern. I am only posting this for inspiration. I am using the picture as inspiration for my own travel crochet dollhouse. I was just telling my hubby the other day how much I love “antiquing.” This may be my made-up word..lol…Anyway, antiquing is when you wander the aisles of antique shops for deals on treasures. I especially love vintage antique treasures. The picture is combining vintage antique treasure finds, Victorian style, and crochet to make a travel dollhouse!! What a wonderful heirloom gift right?!?
I have already started collecting the little dollhouse items that will go inside my travel dollhouse. This will be an ongoing crochet collection. The main crochet dollhouse is complete.
11. Finished. I was contacted by Fox Yarn via email, and Erica asked me if I could design a crochet pattern for their yarn. She sent me the Satin Tan colored yarn, which I had a lot of fun with!! I am working on the YouTube video tutorial and written pattern now. Started early April2019. Today is 9Apr19, and I should have it finished any day now. I think that you will really love what I did with their yarn. Finished on 12Apr19. Here is the direct link to the finished “Foxy Lady Designer Crochet Purse.” Don’t forget your Fox Yarn coupon code that can be found in the video tutorial!
Well, that is it for now. I think that is enough to keep anyone busy..lol..
Happy Holidays everyone and Happy Crocheting!!!
Last updated 21Dec19