Donations for the year 2019 are now closed. All monetary donations made at this time, or crochet pictures submitted, will be for the year 2020
Please go to the blog post Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members 2020.
Teresa Desotelle’s name was drawn on 31Dec19 and Teresa D. has been notified. If I don’t receive a response from Teresa Desotelle by 7Jan20, a new Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member name will be drawn.
A new Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Name was drawn on 7Jan20. The winner was Claudia Niebergall. Here is the YouTube video tutorial showing the computer-generated random name drawing:
Claudia received her prize package, and she said: “I received my package today, and I love! The hooks, the yarn, everything is just so awesome. Thank you so much. I already started a beanie for my grandson.”
I received a message from Teresa D. on 20Jan20 and she said: “Well I just found your message now I know what all those numbers are for in messenger. I just wanted to let you know that I wasn’t ignoring you. And thank you for picking me and I’m sorry I didn’t see this sooner but I’m sure someone else is very happy. And thank you for all of the crocheting videos there are so many I want to make. I hope your New Year has started out awesome for you !!! I won’t miss another giveaway. Thanks again Teresa.”
Teresa is now a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member for the year 2020. I am so sorry that you missed your giveaway Teresa! I hope that you have a Happy New Year also, and I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful crochet items!!
Closed from the year 2019:
New Year for Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members 2019. The different colored gold bars on the golden member wall are just my corrections. To see the special surprise winners for the year 2018 scroll down.
How can I become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member?!?!?!?
- You can make a monetary donation to my blog by clicking on the link above. Only monetary donations can be entered more than one time on the Gold Brick Donor Wall. Void where prohibited. You must be 18 years of age or older to participate. Permission must be given by a parent/guardian if a minor.
- You can submit a picture of your completed crochet work using one of my YouTube video tutorials and/or written patterns. Not only will you become a special donor member, but because you submitted the picture, you will also automatically be entered into my random free surprise giveaway at the end of the year 2019 for the person who submitted the most crochet pictures using my video tutorials!!!! Multiple pictures of one crochet item will count as one submission, but please share multiple pictures! We love pictures of beautiful crochet items! Go to Contests and giveaways at the top of my blog HOME page for more details and rules of entry. Please remember that if you are 18 years of age or younger, I must have an email/letter from your parent or guardian giving permission for you to remain a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member. Void where prohibited.
- FINISHED. If you participate in my #snowballexpress charity random free giveaway for the year 2019, and meet the rules/guidelines, you will automatically become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member. A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT DONATED FOR THIS GREAT CHARITY!
- If you submit a picture of your completed Tunisian Crochet Wizard of Oz CAL Scarecrow block, you automatically become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member.
- If you participate in my Crochet Amigurumi Contest for the year 2019. Deadline for the contest is 1Sept19. Go to the top of my blog HOME page, and click on Contests/Giveaways for the link to the rules/guidelines for the contest.
- If you purchase one of my Crochet PDF written pattern bundles, or individual written patterns through my blog, you will become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member! You can always find the direct link at the top of my blog’s HOME page. NON-refundable.
Please read the Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member rules/benefits below carefully and Thank you so much for becoming a Special Donor Member and all of your support!!! Now, let us have some crochet fun!!!
DONATIONS ONLY! No refunds.
USA and International welcome to donate (Void where prohibited, and you must understand/speak English) . However, I am not responsible for lost/damaged mail. I will provide a tracking# as proof that the item was mailed (#2 below).
“Donations to my blog” People who have donated to my blog are now Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members for the year 2019.
If you like my video tutorials and PDF written patterns, you can donate to help fund my creations and my work up until 31Dec19. If you want to add more than the minimum donation amount above, you can change the number before donating. The better the donations throughout the year the better promotional codes I can give, and I may be able to give away more surprise giveaways during the year.
All of my current donors for the year 2019 are eligible for all of the following:
1. Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members for the year 2019 are eligible to receive 1 promotional code each year for 50% off anything in my Ravelry Store!!! Just contact me through my blog (www.Helenmaycrochet.com) to receive your promotional code. If you don’t contact me before 1Jan20 the offer becomes void.
2. Also, on 31Dec19, I am going to randomly draw one of my donor’s name for a special surprise of my choice (I am not responsible for lost or damaged mail). I am not liable for anything related to this surprise gift. If you participate, then you agree to all of my guidelines. I will pay for shipping. I will upload a YouTube video showing me pick the winning name on Helenmay Crochet YouTube Channel. If I don’t hear from the winning person in 7 days, I will draw another name. If I don’t hear from that person in 7 days, I will draw another name. I will continue to draw names every 7 days until there is a winner.
Contents of the surprise prize box in the picture above a total value of approximately $158.92. I am not sponsored by Furls Crochet Hooks or Pastiche Accessories, and I am not their affiliates:
- Handmade glass jar pendant with little crochet hook, granny square, and yarn balls: $20
- Purse frame: $2.99
- Premium Thread: $5.99
- 5 blank white cards with 5 white envelopes: $3.00
- Color Scents 2 pens: $3.00
- Furls Odyssey Crochet Hook with leather case: $45
- Kitty Cat Journal: $2
- One 6″ zipper: $3
- Scooby Doo comic book with Scooby Doo Stamps: $10
- 1 white pom pom for winter hat: $5.99
- 1 Hildie and Jo glass pearls: $3
- Quiche Lorraine Kitchen towel: $11.95
- Guardian Angel stitch marker: $3
- Top This Yarn with a cute dog head: $10
- “Pastiche Accessories” Etsy Fairy Door Locket: $25
- Misc charms/buttons: $5
- 3 alpaca pom poms
- 1 alpaca pen
- A copy of a free crochet pattern from the yarn crawl.
BONUS ADDITION ON 25NOV19:
I am adding a butterfly wing stitch marker case from Pastiche Accessories as well as a few Pastiche Accessories stitch markers of my choice (I am not an affiliate of Pastiche Accessories, nor am I sponsored by them).
I was crocheting my “Rozeta,” when I had to break out my own Pastiche Accessories stitch marker tin with all of my favorite stitch markers that I have collected from Pastiche Accessories. It was “VERY” helpful to have so many stitch markers!! I thought that it would also make a perfect gift for a crocheter! So, I decided to add one to my Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member package random free giveaway at the end of the year!
Here is the YouTube video that I made showing all of the contents:
Finished Giveaway 15Oct19
Bonus random free surprise!!!
- On 15Oct19 it was announced on Facebook that Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members could contact me via my blog if they were interested in winning a free Crochet Magazine issue 46, because if you want to use the promo discount codes, they expire on 31Oct19. I had 3 members respond: Jessica M. Julie G. and Lisa L. The winner will be picked at random and will be announced on 18Oct19. I am not sponsored or affiliated with Crochet Magazine.
The winner was notified on 17Oct19 and the crochet magazine and surprise yarn will be mailed on 18Oct19. The winner was Jessica M.(Also known as Jessica H. on YouTube). Here is the video showing the winner’s name being picked:
Since I made changes to my member benefits, I have special surprises, for individual members that made a monetary donation this year up to 21Jun19 only. The individuals who donated money will receive their special gifts on 31Dec19 too if they want to receive it (I am not responsible for lost/damaged mail). The monetary donors are still eligible for the larger random Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member random prize too.
Monetary donors Melissa L. and Debbie A. surprise prize packages will be mailed on 31Dec19 if they want them. Each package has a Furls Streamline Crochet hook, but other items may be slightly different as seen in the following pictures. The memory sticks have the following free PDF written patterns on them: 1. Special Pug Dog and puppy dog PDF written pattern, 2. Vintage Wine Dress PDF written pattern, 3. Fiesta Ripple Dress PDF written pattern, and 4. Life is a Hoot PDF written pattern. The packages were distributed randomly. I am not sure which package is going to who, but they are already sealed and ready to go. I will contact the recipients in December for shipping addresses:
Message sent to Debbie A. via Facebook on 31Dec19 regarding small package above. Debbie A. responded and her package has been mailed.
Email sent to Melissa L. on 31Dec19 regarding small package above. No response received. If no response in 7 days, the package will become null/void.
Other small surprise packages:
Brenda B., Tammy Y., Tina H., and Carol Z. are randomly going to each receive one of the following prizes (In the picture below), due to their monetary donations, if they want to receive it. The memory stick has free PDF written patterns on them: 1. Fiesta ripple dress, 2. Life is a Hoot. One of the memory sticks has 1. Fiesta ripple dress 2. Life is a Hoot. 3. Special Pug and Puppy dog written pattern, and 4. Vintage Wine Dress. Wrapped in the bubble wrap is either a safety doll eye pair or a safety dog nose. In the bag are buttons and charms. I will contact the recipients in December for shipping addresses:
Tina H. message sent via Facebook on 31Dec19 regarding small prize package above. Response received and package mailed.
Tammy Y. message sent via Facebook on 31Dec19 regarding small prize package above. Response received and package mailed.
Carol Z. message sent via Facebook on 31Dec19 regarding small prize package above. Response received and package mailed.
Brenda B. message sent via Facebook on 31Dec19 regarding small prize package above. Response received and package mailed.
Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member Benefits Cont:
3. Members are eligible for 2 free paid patterns for the year 2019.
4. I will now only take special crochet requests for monetary donations of $20.
5. Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members can request charities that they would like to help with crochet, and I “may” help try to crochet for the same charity and help advertise. Again, I make no promises, but I will try my best.
6. I will continue to place the donor names on the “Gold Brick Helenmay Donor Wall.”
7. Donors can request a PDF written pattern for YouTube video tutorials that don’t have one. I will write the PDF pattern on a first-come-first-served basis. If I get more than one request, I will create a waiting list. A monetary donation of $10 can supersede crochet requests.
The Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Wall will be cleared on 1Jan20 and will start new for the year 2020.
Any new changes made for Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Members will be updated here. Last updated 07Aug19.
Thank you for all of your support!!! Happy Crocheting!!!
You can request to be removed as a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member at any time. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate. If you are not at least 18 years of age, I must have a letter/email from a parent or guardian giving you permission to become a Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Member. Void where prohibited.
I will list the crochet requests that I am working on, and what order, on my blog post:
The Helenmay Crochet Special Donor Wall will be cleared on 1Jan20 and will start new for the year 2020.